This is my first blog, at least this month. I’m simply musing about why I have a website and what I want to do with it.
A. Why do I have a website?
- To enhance and nurture my creativity
- To discipline me to blog regularly online
- To learn through research as I go
- To showcase and promote my thinking and ideas
- To connect with other social media
- To launch our publishing house – HAARP: The People’s Press
- To collect payments and record expenses
B. Blogging—Why do it?
- Journaling publically
- Frequent updates compared with websites
- This takes discipline and time – like a journal
- Specific subject(s)
- Can be back-and-forth with readers
- So builds rapport and trust
- I can deliberately invite others to contribute
- SEO – search engine optimization – through catching the attention of search engines
- Needs promotion through other social media
C. Subjects—What am I going to do with it?
- Snips of latest writing
- Stuff I’ve read or heard
- Reminders of To Do’s
- Fun jokes
D. Writing snippets
- Here I’ll include parts of pieces I’ve written. My idea at the moment is to put a link to them on Facebook and Twitter. So stay tuned…